Psychology is the scientific study of our mind and behaviour. Psychologists are actively involved in the study and understanding of mental processes, brain functions, and behaviour. The field of psychology is considered a “Hub Science” with strong connections to Medical sciences, Social sciences, and Education.
Our brain is a computer designed by natural selection to extract information from the environment. Psychology actively approaches to enhance the learning experience of the students. It provides them with a sustained emotional and motivational platform for the overall development of their personality.
Branches/Fields of Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology: Abnormal Psychology looks at psychopathology and abnormal behaviours. It involves the study of people’s emotional, thought, and behaviour patterns to identify, understand, and potentially resolve any issues that may negatively affect a person’s life.
- Behavioural Psychology: Behavioural Psychology, also known as Behaviourism, is a learning theory based on the idea that all behaviours are acquired through conditioning.
- Biopsychology: Biopsychology is a branch of psychology focused on how our brain, neurons, and nervous system influence thoughts, feelings, and behaviours. This field draws upon many different disciplines including introductory psychology, cognitive psychology, experimental psychology, biology, physiology, and neuroscience.
- Clinical Psychology: Clinical Psychology is the branch of psychology mainly concerned with assessing and treating mental illness, abnormal behaviour, and psychiatric disorders.
- Counselling Psychology: Counselling Psychology is one of the largest branches of psychology. It centres on treating clients in mental distress who may be experiencing various psychological symptoms.
- Sports Psychology: Sports psychology is the study of how psychology influences sports, athletic performance, exercise, and physical activity. Individuals may work with a sports psychologist to improve their focus, develop mental toughness, increase motivation, or reduce sports-related anxiety.
Psychology is ever-evolving and its new fields and branches continue to emerge. There are many more fields and areas. Each area contributes to our understanding of the many different psychological factors that influence who we are, how we behave, and how we think. The demand for psychologists is growing considerably throughout many areas of psychology, so the job market for graduates remains positive.
How can psychology help you in your career?
Your problem-solving skills improve by studying psychology, which means you’re better able to manage life circumstances, reach personal goals, and achieve success. Studying psychology trains you to consider problems from different perspectives, which is vital for finding the most effective and beneficial solutions.
For students and professionals in the field of psychology, it provides support for career development, current trends, and pertinent past, current, and future research.
About the Psychology Program at Kundan International School
The best international School in Chandigarh, Kundan International School organise testing programs and free career counselling sessions for students of all classes and provide psychological and academic support by conducting individual counselling. The purpose of sessions is to provide: individual stress management assessments and prescriptions, followed by exploration and practice in various techniques, and the emphasis of the sessions is to control harmful anxiety. We cater services like one-to-one counselling, self-instructional and motivational material for individuals facing inconsequential distress and last but not least social stimulation techniques for training in a group setting.
It is an endeavour to help students learn new skills for dealing with stress. It is a comprehensive approach that provides greater assurance, that everybody will receive the assistance they need.
With this kind of professional insight, a psychologist can help people improve their decision-making, stress management and behaviour based on understanding past behaviour to better predict future behaviour. All of this can help people have a more successful career, better relationships, more self-confidence and overall better communication.
- Differential Aptitude Test battery
- Career Preference Record
- Adjustment Inventory for College Students
- Coloured Progressive Matrices
- Group Test of General Mental Ability
- Comprehensive Interest Schedule
- Eysenck Personality Inventory
- Depression Inventory
- Diagnostic Test For Learning Disability
- Jalota Intelligence Test
- Self-Concept by Saraswat
- Adjustment Inventory for College students
- Eysenck Personality Questionnaire
Kundan International School